This position is responsible for interfacing with customers in person, phone and e-mail interaction. The Customer Service Specialist develops and maintains positive customer relations and processes Sales Orders accurately and timely. Reviews and confirms customer Purchase Orders and ensures company policies and procedures are followed.
- Portrays a positive company image and engages in professional and friendly communications with customers.
- Answers incoming telephone calls.
- Clerical functions such as filing, copying, faxing, etc.
- Enters orders confirming product specifications and customer Purchase Order.
- Actively listens to customer needs and inquiries to determine appropriate service actions.
- Assists Sales team and other employees with administrative duties.
- Refers any customer questions regarding product to the Account Executive.
- Communicates with other team members (A/R, Shipping, Sales, Production, etc.) to resolve customer concerns, such as shipping or invoicing problems, quality issues, etc.
- Follow up on upcoming orders weekly to ensure on-time delivery.
- Informs customers of prices, shipping dates, anticipated delays and any additional information needed by customer. Prints necessary documents. Maintains good customer records relating to Sales Orders.
- Obtains customer PO, credit application and other necessary information.
- Follows-up on orders to ensure delivery by specified dates.
- Assists Account Executive with special projects, such us spreadsheets, marketing materials, and help prepare for trade shows or presentations.
- Continuously looks for ways to improve efficiency and add value to Customer Service.
- Keeps other team members informed and up to date in the event of absence.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Manufacturing environment experience
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and take direction from Sales team, Controller, etc.
- Basic knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook
- Medical insurance
- Vacation pay
- Sick pay
- Holiday pay