Uses CAD equipment and software to support Engineers in sheet metal, tubing, and wire metal fabrication by preparing layouts, detail drawings, assembly drawings, sketches and diagrams. Makes copies of drawings and maintains information regarding changes to database. Makes simple decisions but refers most questions/problems to Engineers or Supervisor. Solid understanding of drafting techniques and familiarity with Engineering terminology. Mechanical aptitude with ability to complete basic mathematical calculations. Advanced knowledge of AutoDesk Inventor. Associate’s degree in Computer Aided Drafting and math, and/or equivalent work experience and training required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Uses computer assisted design/drafting (Inventor, AutoCAD) equipment and software to develop designs.
- Creates and revises production drawings (detail and assembly drawings).
- Makes final sketch of proposed drawing, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project.
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials, and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Drafts detailed multiview drawings of products, including flat patterns and press breaks.
- Draws finished designs from sketches.
- Communicates with Engineering, Account Executives, and Manufacturing teams regarding new and revised prints.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Medical insurance
- Vacation pay
- Sick pay
- Holiday pay
Job Type: Full-time
- AutoDesk Inventor: 2 years (Required)
- Drafting: 4 years (Preferred)